Inspired by flight simulators for pilot training, human resource managers now use forward-looking workforce simulators to ensure that their workforce stays in line with demand – not only in numbers – but also in terms of experience and qualification.
Shortages in regulated personnel can cause costly down times, which in turn have negative effects on customer satisfaction. With Dynaplan’s approach airlines use simulation to asses short-, mid-, and long-term workforce risks, and develop the right sequence, timing, and choice of HR measures.
Get a quick overview of Dynaplan’s solutions in the context of aviation in the video below.
The workforce planning puzzle
Increasing pressure from a challenging business environment leaves little room for inefficiencies in sustaining the right levels of key personnel. At the same time, a regulated and scarce workforce imposes unavoidable delays due to long training times, rigid development procedures, and strict recruiting standards.
Typical challenges include:
- What is the impact of the upcoming fleet strategy on the cockpit personnel?
- How many and when to hire the mechanics needed to stay ahead of the next retirement wave?
- Do we have enough training capacity to accommodate the rising number of flight attendants?
- What is the impact of automation and digitization on cargo processes?
Multiple job groups must be covered in the strategic planning process, each playing a critical role in fulfilling the company’s mission by bringing passengers and cargo safely to their destinations.
Your invitation to explore Dynaplan’s solutions in the context of aviation
How to maintain the right personnel resource under such variable conditions?
The future is uncertain and many of our assumptions about it may turn out to be inaccurate. Fleet and Network strategies may have to be changed due to competition. Regulations can change, impacting our internal processes and demand for capacity. New technologies can alter aspects of aircraft operations and maintenance.
Given such and other sources of uncertainty:
- How can we plan ahead and make sure we have the right capacities and competencies in place in 5 or even 10 years?
Our planning models allow for quick adjustments to test out alternative scenarios and directly compare the development of performance and risk. This new quality of planning and decision-making deepens your understanding of your options and their consequences.
The benefits of our proven solution
- Master complexity with an agile and dynamic approach to planning.
- Assess future risks by simulating possible scenarios. Use the resulting insights to define a robust strategy.
- Execute strategies by deriving concrete measures.
- Align & engage stakeholders with our «board-room ready» simulation cockpits.
Implementation approach: A solid methodology enabled by our technology platform
Our lean approach, expertise and ready-to-use business content not only produce results in a short period of time, but also allow us to enable organizations to take the steering wheel of their workforce resource planning.
Please use the contact form above and let us together find out, how we can contribute to your HR planning.